As well as assisting clients with Inheritance Tax Planning we are also able to draft Wills.
It is vital to have an up-to-date Will to make sure that your assets are passed on to family and friends in line with your wishes. Many people believe that the assets of someone who is married will simply pass to his or her spouse. This is not necessarily the case, unless the person’s Will makes specific provision to this effect. If you die without a Will (‘intestate’), your Estate will be distributed according to a set of complex legal rules which can often lead to very unsatisfactory results.
We understand there can be sensitive issues involved in making a Will, particularly where a family business is involved, and with our skills and in-depth client knowledge we are well placed to offer guidance and to help you to make the right decisions for you and your family.
We can help clients find solutions when:
- Minimising inheritance tax is a priority
- A family trust is needed for children or a spouse / partner
- Business property is involved, e.g. sole trader, partnership or shares in a family company
- The wills of a couple are not to be changed by the survivor
- The interests of children and step children need to be protected
- Part of the estate is located abroad
- There are gifts to charities
- Family assets need protecting from divorce claims
Speak to one of our experienced team
To speak to a member of our team, please call us on 0151 228 8977 or enter your details below and a member of the team will call you back.