Landlord & Property Specialists

Whether you are thinking of buying your first buy-to-let property or you hold a large portfolio of commercial/residential property, John Kerr Chartered Accountants has a team of specialists that can help.

We have built up a wealth of experience over the years advising clients operating in the following property sectors: 

  • Buy-to-let properties
  • Student lets and HMOs
  • Holiday lets
  • Commercial property
  • Property development
  • Serviced offices, business and technology space
  • Overseas property

 Property Tax:

In addition to the general day-to-day stresses of running a property business, there are a number of complex tax issues which you will inevitably face no matter what size your property business is. Our team can assist you with anything from maintaining the bookkeeping to designing and implementing tax efficient structures in order to maximise your wealth.

The following is a few examples of the areas which may affect your property business that we can help you with: 

  • Business Structures – Use of Partnerships, Limited Companies and Trusts
  • Use of Pension Schemes (SIPP and SSAS)
  • VAT – Including Option-To-Tax and Partial Exemption
  • Capital Allowances
  • Business Premises Renovation Allowance
  • Stamp Duty Land Tax
  • Capital Gains Tax
  • Exit Strategies
  • HMRC enquiries and disputes
  • Raising Finance

 Free Initial Consultation:

Discover how we can make a difference to your property business by booking a free no obligation chat – Contact us on 0151 228 8977 or by email to

Contact Us

Speak to one of our experienced team

To speak to a member of our team, please call us on 0151 228 8977 or enter your details below and a member of the team will call you back.